Re: Problem installing skype on purely x86_64 system

Sieranski, Greg wrote:
Mark Haney wrote:
Sieranski, Greg wrote:

Greg Sieranski

I tried installing the static skype but I get the following error:
$ ./skype
-bash: ./skype: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

Can anyone help me with this?

thanks,
Greg Sieranski

Is the file actually there? If so, edit ld.so.conf and re-run ldconfig to re-read the conf file. That might fix it.

No, i dont have the file. Is there somewhere I can get it?

thanks,
GS

First thing you need to do is find out what package that file would be in. And since I"m not near a fedora box right now, I can't poke around for it.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support