Re: f8 and ddclient[SOLVED] more questions

Le 11.02.2008 16:51, Jim a écrit :
| François Patte wrote:
| Bonjour,
|
| I installed ddclient from fedora using yum. But it is not working. The
| daemon is launched but perform no update of IP address.
|
| I used to use ddclient for years now and the config has not changed as I
| could see in the ddclient.conf file.
|
| There is only a log message when I stop ddclient but not when I launch
| it and there is no report of success or failure in /var/log/messages
|
| Thanks for any help.
|>
| Below is a working /etc/ddclient.conf file, line 4 is getting the IP and
| line 7 is the host it's being sent to.
| Do you have a host account setup at , for example http://dyndns.org  ?

| daemon=9600
| syslog=yes
| pid=/var/run/ddclient/ddclient.pid
| use=web, web=checkip.org

Thanks for this. I had

use=if, if=eth0

eth0 is the default (on this line) in "new" ddclient from f8 and it
should ppp0, for I have an ADSL connection. I changed it to ppp0 and it
is working now.

Questions:

1- ddclient is running as ddclient, group ddclient; so I have this
message in the logs:

WARNING:  Cannot create file '/var/run/ddclient.pid'. (Permission non
accordée)

How can I change the ownership of the process from "ddclient" to "root"?

2- Mikkel has suggested to have a look at /etc/sysconfig/ddclient, but
the only config in this file is:

DDCLIENT_OPTIONS="-daemon 300"

So it has no influence on the process, except the time interval to check
the ip.

My question is: why are there two config files: one in /etc, one in
/etc/sysconfig?

Thanks for help.
- --
François Patte