Re: List stats redone

Thomas Cameron wrote:
Craig White wrote:
On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 22:44 -0600, Thomas Cameron wrote:
Mikkel L. Ellertson pointed out a stupid typo in my script that was screwing up my numbers pretty badly. Many thanks.

It's been fixed, and the posting statistics are much more accurate. Please see http://www.camerontech.com/fedora-list-stats/ for the current month's output.

If this is useful and correct, I will set up a cron job which mails this info to the list once a {day|week|month}, whatever y'all think is appropriate. I will pull it down from the web site unless folks think it's a good thing to have there.
----
please please please remove the e-mail addresses

It's enough to make me stop posting

Craig -

As Mike D indicated, this is just to show that it works and will be pulled down soon, but you should know that all e-mails to this list are publicly archived. I certainly understand your concern but the chances of someone mining my dinky web site are pretty slim, it would be a Hell of a lot easier to snag the convenient, bite-sized gzipped archive.

Oh, FWIW, the script may need a bit more tweaking since I see these lines....

 9 Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx
 2 Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx>br
1 Ed font face=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serifGreshko/font <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx>br

And I'm certain that is the same person.

Not to discourage you...but as you said "It's not really anything that will change the list or how it works" and well...IMHO doesn't add value. I would rather see something that adds value to the list and how it operates. It is just MHO that these stats can be misused.

Enjoy....