Re: Rsync

Paul Ward wrote:
Hi Peeps,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use rsync to back up an ftp site
that uses a password.

I am aware of rsync://[USER@]HOST[:PORT]/SRC [DEST] but how do I
handle the password?

If this is not possible does it mean I have to use sftp?

Thanks in advance

I would use a "HEREDOC" in a bash script or you can use Expect which has a "macro mode" which will create record what you type during a normal login session then output to the script.

Randy Ramsdell
Unix System Administrator
Foreclosure.com