Re: Sound output across the network possibility

John Aldrich wrote:
On Sunday 10 February 2008, Stewart Williams wrote:
They are right next to each other, however the mic on my headset plugs
into the mic jack :-(

Easy enough to fix... get a 2>1 1/8" adapter. :-) Go down to Radio Shack (I know... they're kind of expensive, but they're convenient and about the only place you can *easily* find this sort of stuff) and explain what you're trying to do. They'll probably have the the correct "splitter" in stock and will be able to put it in your hands for $10 or less, including the cable to go from PC A to PC B. :-)

This is a bad idea. Between the input source level differences, and the probability that you will try to drive the microphone as a speaker, you will not be happy with the results. Also, the Mic input is probably a mono input.

Mikkel