Re: how would you backup 1TB of data to dvds?

Lamar Owen wrote:
On Saturday 09 February 2008, Valent Turkovic wrote:
How would you backup [50GB] of data in a server with 4x 250GB drives all
mounted as separate mount points to a set of dvds using tools
available in fedora, centos or rhel?

I can't believe the arrogance of some on the list. You asked a specific question, and people questioned your question. Yuck.

In any case, check out scdbackup ( http://scdbackup.webframe.org/main_eng.html ) and see if it does what you want. Looks like you will need to build from source as I didn't find an F8 RPM; but, then again, I didn't search too hard, either.

Really people, why not try answering people's questions? He wants to backup to DVD; while that might not be the best backup solution it is what he wants to use. It appears that scdbackup is the tool of choice for this sort of thing. If he had wanted to know about or have a discussion about backup best practices, he would have asked that question instead.

Ups, I replied to Frank by mistake.

I ment to say thank you Owen, this is exactly what I need.

I hope somebody takes this greap little program and packages it for Fedora. Can somebody please sponsor it so others can also use it?

Cheers,
Valent.