Re: how would you backup 1TB of data to dvds?

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 23:52:53 -0500
Lamar Owen <lowen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For more critical stuff... well, actually, I've been there and done that for a
> radio station's entire audio library, but it was to CD and it took almost 400
> of them to hold the roughly 250GB of audio (650MB archival quality CD's,
> stored in a media safe).  This was done over a long period of time (my
> recollection is nine months or so), and was done by the board ops during 30
> minute broadcasts during their airshifts.  And this was on Windows, so it's
> OT for this list.

Coincidentally, I deal with a FM radio station that's run on an Indian reserve
near here, though I don't actually do computer stuff for them other than hosting
their web page and email.  (It's a very good radio station -- the only one that
I listen to, and it's the only native-owned and -operated radio station in the
province, or so I've been told.)

They recently purchased the exact same fileserver that I have, to put their
music library on.