Re: argh -- can't get wireless in someone else's house

The problem are the radeon driver of the kernel.
They are buggy and Xorg is configured to use it!
I've check it out with Vector Linux.
Kernel drivers are not able to control property 3D function on RV ATI chipsets. On Vector Linux I've solved it taking off "#" from the option NoAccel of the driver in xorg.conf but that was a fix install on hard disk so I've booted in text mode, modified the file than restard the system in x.
It's not a Newbie work!
But I don't like vector because it's only in English and my girlfriend has troubleus using it. I've offered to Vector Linux founder my free work to localize Vector in Italian he gave me no response!What a man! :o? With distros that start only as live cd there's nothing to do. System crashes after some minute the desktop is came up and the only way you have to use the machine is a reset using the switch on the case. If we want newbies will come to Linux Linux must work perfectly without man intervention.

Yoghi

Hai tempo fino al 31/03/2008 per azzerare i costi di attivazione:
da casa o dall'ufficio naviga con la qualità di Infinito ADSL
(www.infinito.it/adsl)