Re: how would you backup 1TB of data to dvds?

On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 19:38 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> I asked for a backup to DVDs, I need a cheap solution for chunks of
> 50GB every month.

I am in a similar situation. I have a little over 20GB of pictures and
video of the kids that I want to backup regularly.

I do weekly backups to an external disk and quarterly backups to DVDs.

I ended up writing my own little python program to go through selected
directories and write out path-list files of a given size (CD or DVD).
These files can then be used with mkisofs to create iso files which can
then be burned to CD or DVD.

Feel free to look at it:

http://krakoa.dk/linux-software.html#BACKUPFILLER

It is by no means perfect. I only wrote it to scratch my own itch - but
if it can help anyone else out that would be great.

Feel free to mail me if you have any questions.
--
Mads Villadsen <maxx@xxxxxxxxx>