Re: Internet is borked

Jacques B. wrote:
On Feb 9, 2008 2:27 AM, Konstantin Svist <fry.kun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David L. Gehrt wrote:
Has anybody on this list heard what is wrong with the INTERNET tonight?

Don't worry, I keep a backup of it on a floppy :-)

Must be those new dual layer blue ray floppies that stores the bits
standing up instead of on its side so you can get more of them crammed
in.  Any chance I get get a zipped copy of that.  That way I could
cancel my ISP account and just surf locally. :)

Well, I can't just send it through the internet, because that would alter it! I'd have to send you the floppy in snail mail, but it's the only copy I have. What if they damage it? :(
Plus, I doubt you have the 5¼-inch Perpendicular floppy drive, anyway

P.S. I just looked it up, and it looks like there used to be a 5¼-inch Perpendicular floppy... (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floppy_disk#Disk_formats) Not too surprising, since perpendicular recording technology is not new, but still interesting :)