Re: Fedora 9 Alpha alpha reviews?

Tom Horsley wrote:
On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:24:35 +0100
"Valent Turkovic" <valent.turkovic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nothing special. I have Fedora installed on 3 laptops and 1 desktop...
some systems are 2 years old some 6 months... all run ok.

Weird. I suspect the major recent slowness came when something
moved into initrd that wasn't there before which spins up my external
USB hard drive and waits for it to get up to speed. I only mount this
thing during the cron job that does backups. I wish I could
convince initrd to leave it alone :-).

Did you run bootchart to check? Filed any bug reports?

Rahul