Re: Printer help

tony.chamberlain@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

We have a network printer that I have been printing to (via firefox and lpr) for months (20 months or so). Suddenly, it stopped working. They may have
replaced the printer with a new one of the same kind.

Lately, when I sent something to the printer othing happened at all.
Afterwards, I went to http://localhost:631/ and did manage printers.
I deleted the printer and added it back in.  Here are the details
(we get pizza on Fridays and have it in a certain room where the printer
is near, hence the name):

    Location: By Pizza Room
    Printer State: idle, accepting jobs.
    Device URI: lpd://192.168.5.246/lqueue

but now when I send things there, it prints the first line,
and then about 40 blank pages (and the files I am printing
are text and not one line of text with thousands of blank lines).
I used Generic Generit Text Only.

it is a Brother HL5250-DN printer.

Any suggestions what I should do?  I even rpm'ed the
lastest driver ( brhl5250dnlpr-2.0.1-1.i386.rpm).
I have Centos 4.5

use System > Administration > Printer and change the driver to the right driver. Fedora has driver for the printer you mention.