(somewhat)OT: truecrypt 5.0

OK, I've been trying to build truecrypt 5.0 on x86_64
fedora 8, and it is indeed an adventure.

1st - it simply won't build on a 64 bit platform
(have to get rid of some overloaded functions that
are ambiguous when "long long" and "long" are
actually the same type).

2nd - it wants to build its own copy of the
wxWidgets libraries so it can static link them
and the readme says "get the wxWidgets source
from http://www.wxwidgets.org";. Trouble is, there
is no "the" source. There is a giant list of
different flavor source archives to download
on the wxWidgets site :-). Reminds me of
trying to get "the" java rpm from the Sun
web site.

I'd post all this on the truecrypt forums, but
the forums are down due to "technical problems"
(maybe 10,000 people all trying to report build
issues with 64 bit at the same time :-).

If I do ever get it to build though, it does look
like it uses fuse now so no more building kernel
driver modules (which will be an advantage).