Fedora 8 & konsole

To all,

I recently installed a Fedora 8 OS on my personal desktop and everything
has gone very well with the exception of using konsole as a terminal
window to connect to the servers on our network.

I have had no problem using the same profile setups in FC4, FC5, FC6,
and FC7, but have had difficulty with F8.  I have used a gnome desktop
for each version.

I have a profile script that opens up terminal windows to 8 different
machines activating different log on sequences with each. 5 of these
windows use perl scripts to log on to legacy computers using telnet that
do not have ssh.  Sometimes these scripts fail to complete a logon
sequence and hang in the middle of the sequence.  When this happens the
window has to be closed.  I have tried putting in "sleep" commands at
various times which has helped a little but I am still having
intermittent problems.  I have other FC desktops ranging from FC4
through FC7 using the same perl scripts without any problems.

Have any of you had the same problem with Fedora 8?  Any Suggestions?

Greg Ennis