Re: F8 and UT2004 voice chat

2008/2/5, Niels Weber <nathelbiya@xxxxxxxxx>:
> has anyone succeeded in getting the voice chat of UT2004 to work in
> Fedora 8? The game isn't that new and so most pages discussing how to
> get the chat to work in Linux are really old and the instructions
> don't work anymore.

Is no one here playing UT2004?

Anyway, I got the first steps done setting up the voice chat in the
game itself. When I press the microphone key, the sound goes down and
the current channel is shown on the left side of the screen. But the
coloured bars that are supposed to show up and tell me how loud I'm
speaking don't appear. I've got the impression that there is no sound
from the microphone reaching the game.

What would be the easiest way to check that recording with the microphone works?

Thanks,
   Niels