Re: ppp dialer

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 08:09 -0500, adel.essafi@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Dear all
> I am using kppp to connect to internet but it is instanble , since it
> cracks usually. I want to know if there are other text/graphical tools to
> connect to PPP
> Regards
> Adel

Works fine for me. I use it a lot. What is is doing? You can use network
manager or wvdial, but it is text based. The deal with any of them is to
have the correct init string. What kind of modem do you have? Have you
checked it against the linux and modems webpages? Just google on those
two keywords and you'll probably find out what your problem is. Linux
works great with modems, usually, unless they happen to be those cheap
Win-Modems that require drivers. More information will get you more
help. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar