Re: Bootable USB recipe for F8 install ?

lanas wrote:
>  Is there a bootable USB recipe to make a Fedora 8 install somewhere
> to be found ?  I've installed F8 successfully using a rescue CD and a
> USB stick containing the iso image, but it'd be even neater to do it
> without the CD and boot straight from the USB key to perform the F8
> install.

You can use the livecd-iso-to-disk script (from the livecd-tools
package) to put a Fedora live image (.iso) onto a usb stick.  From
there, you can boot and run the live image from the usb stick and even
do the install.  That may not be exactly what you're looking for, but
hopefully it's close.

Another thing you may want to try is writing the diskboot.img to your
usb stick and also adding the dvd iso image there as well (which you
may have to futz with a bit to add after you dd the diskboot.img, I
forget).  That method would give you a bootable usb stick which would
start up anaconda and let you do the traditional install all off the
usb stick.

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.