synaptics touchpad driver sensitivity

I have a Dell Latitude D820 running F8, but I have the same problem with pretty much every touchpad. The problem is not how much the cursor moves as I move my fingers on the pad. There's plenty of documentation on that.

My problem is that as I type, I sometimes find the cursor flying to a completely different region, so if I'm typing an email, all of a sudden my typing is going three rows above where I was typing, like the pressure of my hands on the laptop case is enough to trigger the touchpad. I would like to change the amount of pressure to be considered mouse down.

Looking at the documentation for synaptics, it looks like there's a setting called FingerLow and another called FingerHigh which I think will adjust the pressure needed. I didn't want to try it without asking first, lets I render X windows unusable.

So will this do what I want?

Thanks.