Re: Viewing a DVD with Totem

sizo nsibande wrote:
Totem cannot play this type of media (DVD) because it does not have the
appropriate
plugins to be able to read from the disc.

Please install the necessary plugins and restart Totem to be able to
play this media.

Just use vlc!

I personally find the vlc interface to be way too busy. I wanted to like it - I was raised on Macs and all my OS X buddies rave about it - but the interface is just way too busy for me.

xine (imho) and for that matter even totem has a much cleaner and more intuitive interface. Maybe it's just me.