Want KDE only

I am wondering why it is not possible to install FC8 from DVD without Gnome.  Even if I carefully deselect ALL Gnome packages in the custom install path, the Gnome desktop is installed and made the default.

I don't want to install any of the Gnome apps either.  Except that I sometimes would like to use wireshark.

The only time Gnome is not installed is when I do not install any GUI group (server only).

So, why is it not possible to install only KDE?  Why does Gnome always get installed?  And...  How do I install FC8 without Gnome?

Emmett