F8: Dell laptop - i8kutils

	I recently had to replace the video card in my Dell 9400,
probably because it overheated after a build-up of dust in the cooling
system.
	So I am now paranoid about the temperature control of the CPU
and the GPU fans.
	I think that if I run gkrellm, I can set and observe the fan
behaviour. However, I have to have the programs display on the screen.

I have installed i8kutils and thought that I could use these
conveniently. I thought I would find some config file to set
temperatures. I haven't found one, and running "i8kmon -d -a -t 5 &"
doesn't seem to work.
	As I am obviously confused, perhaps someone can help me.

Thanks
DP
South Australia