NetworkManager and a boot-time network connection in F8

Is there a way to configure NetworkManager to bring up the network at
boot time?  I find it remarkable that this Linux program defaults to
treating a network connection as a service tied to a user.  Shades of
the evil empire of the northwest.  I'd like my laptop to send me cron
mail and keep synced with ntp whether I'm logged in on the console or
not.

Unfortunately wpa_supplicant is once again cranky in F8.  Moving
wpa_supplicant to the S09 slot didn't get it all working, hence my
attempt to use NetworkManager.

(Sorry if this is a faq.  Googling this list is nearly impossible
without some way to search by possting date and Fedora version.)

-wolfgang
IPv6 on Fedora 7 http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/fedora/ipv6-tunnel.html