Re: Is a distro independent grub boot possible using a boot partition???

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:00:46 -0500
"Joe(theWordy)Philbrook" <jtwdyp@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is a distro independent grub boot possible using a boot partition???

I have great success running a "stand-alone" grub in a small /boot
partition, and using chainloader directives to allow it to pick
another partition to boot where I told the installed OS to put
grub on the partition, not in the MBR.

To date, however, I've never managed to actually install grub stand
alone all by itself. I've just stolen a grub left over from an OS
I was replacing and used it for the chainloading trick.