Re: Evolution, Exchange, and outgoing mail: setup issues?

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 13:23 -0800, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> I got tired of KMail because for some reason or another it was somehow
> capturing and sending duplicates back into the IMAP server.  Also, it seems
> darn slow when new email messages comes through forcing me to wait several
> minutes for scan completion before I can even browse the email message.
>
> So,  I decided to switch to another email client.  I tried Thunderbird, but unfortunately
> the IMAP implementation did not even list all of my sub folders as Kmail did so I gave
> that one up in a hurry.
>
> Finally,  I decided to try out evolution since my M$ Exchange server is my primary
> email server and evolution has the exchange connector builtin for it.
>
> Everything seemed a cinch, that is I can connect and quicky see all my folders,
> and other things such as to delete emails and so on.  Fast and great!
>
> Unfortunatly, I cannot send email messages through it.
>
> I searched everywhere trying to figure out why I cannot send email messages
> through evolution via the exchange connector, why, even when I looked into
> the account setup, there is no "Outgoing Mail" tab for it - but reading various faqs
> and so on, if I get this right, exchange connector is setup both for incomming and
> outgoing, right?
>
> I even tried to setup another account for outgoing mail like I did with Kmail;
> one account for incoming (IMAP), the other account for outgoing via local
> sendmail.
>
> Any advice?
----
exchange connector requires exchange server but neither kmail nor
thunderbird can make exchange connection so they use only standard imap
& smtp protocols with exchange server.

ditch the exchange connector on evolution and you should be fine

Craig