Re: [OT - NOT FEDORA] Question for the TV engineers

John Wendel wrote:
James Kosin wrote:
John Wendel wrote:
~    (c)   Using a splitter?
 (c) Yes, 2

Two splitters on the same connection??

-James

Yes, I split the main cable connection into 2 cables (6-foot to TV, 20-foot to computer) and then split the computer cable into 2 6-foot cables for 2 computers. Have I violated some limit?

Thanks for your help.

John

No, not exactly.

Every splitter in the chain will cause a signal loss of about 3dB on average. 3dB compares to about 1/2 the signal is lost. Cable companies can make up for this loss by providing an amplifier to the signal coming into the house; but, they really don't like doing that.

You may want to contact your cable company and request a service visit to check the signal quality. They have equipment to measure quality and may even have a solution for your problem.

Good Luck,

-James

--
Scanned by ClamAV - http://www.clamav.net