Re: Good bye

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

However, I see no evidence that this is
intentional on the Fedora teams part. Nor do I see how it would
benefit them from exhausting energy into blocking things.
Whether it is a benefit or not depends on the user experience they want
to generate.  Who would it harm to provide instructions for installing
common and needed vendor-provide drivers, for example?  Is it necessary
to be hostile to both your own users and the best hardware vendors, or
the company that invented java and wants to give it away?

Instructions from say the community since Fedora is a community based
distribution?
 * fedorasolved.org
 * fedoraunity.org

If some entity in the community provided a repository containing, for example, the Nvidia drivers that many users need, could said entity get their repository configuration included in this "community based distribution" to make installation automatic?

I think you're way offline with considering lack of support for this
that you did not pay for with being hostile.

And I think it is reasonable to compare it to other distributions like ubuntu instead of just assuming that the hostility should push users to the for-pay version conveniently provided by a related company.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx