Re: Nautilus annoyances - can configuration change these, if so how?

Dnia 31-01-2008, czw o godzinie 10:20 +0000, Chris G pisze:
> I tend to use the command line most of the time but I occasionally use
> Nautilus when, for example, I'm housekeeping image files and it's
> useful to be able to see the images.
>
> However, for me, nautilus has some very annoying defaults and I'm
> wondering if they can be changed, i.e. :-
>
>     Nautilus opens a new window for every directory, this rapidly gets
>     annoying with deep hierarchies.  Is there an option to get
>     Nautilus to open a new directory/folder in the *same* window?

 1) you can middle-click instead of left-click. It will close parent
folder.
 2) you can use Nautilus in browser mode: Applications -> System tools
-> file browser or Right-click folder -> Browse; or nautilus --browser

--
Tomasz Torcz