Re: pictures in linux openoffice writer dispeared in windows word

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 18:24 -0600, Chris Mohler wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 12:03 AM, Lux Zhang <yuanlux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I created a document using an openoffice writer in linux. I copied
> > some pictures from web sites, paste to this ducument, then saved as,
> > eg, windows word 2000. When I opened this word document using windows
> > word, the pictures all dispeared. but there were ok if it was open
> > using openoffice writer in linux.
> > how to fix this?
>
> Install OpenOffice on the windows machine :)
>
> If you just need to display the document on windows (not edit it),
> export a PDF from OpenOffice.  I usually get very good results with
> PDF export.  Or try saving as XML or an older version of DOC.

Did you actually paste the images into the document or did you paste
LINKS to the images in the document?  If it's links, the images won't
show up anywhere except on the same machine they're located on.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxx -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-   To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.    -