Re: Good bye

Les Mikesell wrote:

Moving your disk isn't going to work in fedora either without a lot of contortions if your new disk controller needs a different driver.

Some good information was passed on this list where someone used the install disc to have it setup devices again. I recently used that suggestion when I had a computer go dead on me. When the disks were moved to an industrial computer things worked properly after video, network and other minor adjustments. Before running the installer the disks would not boot. Probably not a sure fire method to moving disks to totally foreign computer but a good last ditch effort for some purposes. Mainly, my setup was too complex to do a fresh install.

--
It's the opinion of some that crops could be grown on the moon. Which raises the fear that it may not be long before we're paying somebody not to.
		-- Franklin P. Jones