Re: Good bye

Karl Larsen wrote:

>     I did a temporary setup of Ubuntu and started playing with it. I
> signed up for their technical list and have talked with some very smart
> people. Right now I am getting my little tv camera working with Skype. I
> just talked to another Ham in GA on PSK31.
>
>     These guys are not IT people for a company, they are Ubuntu users.
> We get along just fine. I think the entire Fedora setup is bad. You must
> like to fix your operating system to fit in. Change is the name of the
> game.

I used Kubuntu and Fedora + KDE for a time,
and found there was very little difference between them,
or the people using them.
In fact I couldn't tell which was running without saying "uname -a"
or something like that.

I settled on Fedora just because I find it easier to use the same system
on all machines I own.

I'm quite sure Karl will have exactly the same kind of problems
under Ubuntu that he used to have under Fedora.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366