Re: Good bye

Karl Larsen wrote:
I did a temporary setup of Ubuntu and started playing with it. I signed up for their technical list and have talked with some very smart people. Right now I am getting my little tv camera working with Skype. I just talked to another Ham in GA on PSK31.

These guys are not IT people for a company, they are Ubuntu users. We get along just fine. I think the entire Fedora setup is bad. You must like to fix your operating system to fit in. Change is the name of the game.

Well Ubuntu has arrived. It works in ways Fedora will never understand. Good Bye.

Karl

You get along just fine now. And I"m sure you did while on this list early. It's less about 'getting along' and more about learning as you go. Too many times this has been demonstrated that you either won't or can't. I'm sure they'll be the same way after a while.

However, I wish you luck. Ubuntu isn't my favorite distro. But it works for non-technical people who don't want to have to learn the guts of the thing, which is why my mom uses it.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support