Re: Broadcom 43: FC7 vs FC8

Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED escribió:
On my Compaq dual boot laptop with FC7, I never
got my Broadcom 43 wifi to work despite applying
numerous suggestions received on this list. Are
there relevant improvements in FC8, or is it
best to wait for future developments?

What exact board do you have? (give us the output of lspci)

I have a Compaq presario F505la, and with some work I got it to work very well on Fedora 7. Fedora 8 had some issues, but they were relevent to the kernel driver, so with the updated kernel it works great.