Re: [FEDORA Core 8] [3Ware 3DM] Install problem

> Then 3dm doesn't not launch at reboot and there is no script in
> /etc/init.d/ wich should be 3dmd.
> When I try to launch /usr/sbin/3dmd I've got a strange error message:
>
> "Error: opendir() failed - No such file or directory. Check if the
> driver is loaded."
>
> I've checked and the 3w_xxxx is loaded....
>
> Any solution????

For support on proprietary 3ware tools you need to ask 3ware support
really

> When I try to install 3DM2 (binary installer): ./setupLinux_x86.bin
> The script looking for Java, install Bundled JRE, lauching
> Wizard....then abort with this message:

And this is a bug in their bundled java.

> java: xcb_xlib.c:50: xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion `c->xlib.lock' failed.

Reported to Sun 8th March 2007, still not fixed, in fact they closed it
without fixing it for Java 6. Don't you love proprietary software vendors.

The following should temporarily fix it (by telling X to ignore the bug
and pray the software doesn't crash).

export LIBXCB_ALLOW_SLOPPY_LOCK=true