apache (httpd) on f8 vs. fc6 running LXR

I have a LXR setup on fc6 that works fine. When I move it to f8 (which seems to have the same versions of httpd, perl, mysql etc) I can only get it to work if I change the user/group in httpd.conf from apache:apache to myusername:myusername. The files accessed by httpd, perl etc are world readable and executable but owned by root, as they were in fc6. These are in /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/....

I have tried changing all the files to owner/group apache:apache but that does not help. I have disabled selinux and that makes no difference, but saw no errors before disabling. I have made httpd.conf user/group nobody:nobody and that does not work. Only when I use my own UID/GID in httpd.conf does LXR work.

I have set-up LXR several times before with other fedora/rh versions with no problem this difficult. Why would the apache account not work in f8 but it did work with the same files in fc6? Or should I just run apache as myself and be happy. This is only really used from localhost for the most part, not on the internet.