Re: How to play http://www.scififree.tv/

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 08:54:36 -0800
Les <hlhowell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 	I looked at the page, and after looking at the FAQ's, discovered that
> it needed the VLC player in Linux.

Now that you've mentioned it,I find the same thing in their write-up on the
site.

I wonder what the difference is between VLC and mplayer in this application.
Is there some shortcoming in the way that mplayer is trying to connect with the
stream, which would indicate a feature that's missing in mplayer?