Re: Wireless (again)

Da Rock wrote:

Thats the point of this discussion. YOU need to find the info, the helpers can only guide you where to look. And if they don't know then you need to solve the problem yourself- believe me I know, I have to build a driver for a hybrid tv card for FreeBSD because there simply is no solution. And I don't know how to build drivers- but if I start others will then help.

That's easy. Peruse the existing drivers, looking for likely candidates and choose one.

rename it, rip out the obviously irrelevant bits, make sure what's left still works then start adding bits.

Never ever ever write a program from scratch if you can modify an existing one to do the job,

Depending on your goals, choosing a driver that works on FreeBSD and Linux might be helpful.

running under xen 3.2 might be helpful too, check whether it can give access to a particular PCI device. Anything that saves boot time is good.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait