Re: package manager problems: rpm db corruption|glibc detected double-linked|etc

Alan Cox wrote:
When the package system works, it works great. When it breaks, it's a steep climb to put it right.

It should never break.

Ha. Well, there aren't many people could say that with any effect.

And you're not the first to point the finger at hardware, so I finally broke down and ran memtest overnight. It did indeed find some problems in one area with the block move test.

So I'll just enjoy my blackbird breakfast--thank you very much--and think about how to deal with the memory glitch.

Any ideas what yum or db4 might be doing to trip over this? My system is stable otherwise, even with a high memory load. Package management has been completely dependable with this hardware until recently.

<Joe