Re: F8 and NX server

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Joachim Backes wrote:
It seems the nxserver software does not run correctly under F8: having installed nxserver-3.0.0-74, nxnode-3.0.0-88 and nxclient-3.0.0-84 on a F8 i386 server machine, and trying to connect via nxclient-3.1.0-2 from another F8 machine to this server, but the connection fails:

<snip>

I'd start by checking your firewall and tcp wrapper settings on the new server....and is there any reason why you can't download and install the latest packages from the Nomachine website?

Assuming you want to use the commercial version of NX server, has your licence file been installed in the correct location? I think NX will serve 2 users on a first come first served basis without a licence?

Do your log files hold any more useful info?

Mark