Re: Ubuntu

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Beartooth wrote:
Well I decided to do it myself and with some help, to wit, if you can click on details do so. Here is what I did to this point.

I know the non-working Ubuntu is at (hd0,7). So I put the cd-rom in and rebooted. It started the cd and Ubuntu came up in it's cd-rom mode. It takes care of Nvidia very well!

So I then said to install. I watched close and when it wanted to make a partition I said Manual. It showed me all the existing stuff and there was (hd0,7) so I told it to formate and put it there.

Later it wanted a name which I gave it and password. Then below that it had a tab saying "Details" so I clicked that. Up came a panel saying it was going to install Grub in (hd0). I erased that and put in (hd0,7) and it took off and loaded a bunch of stuff off the internet and then wanted to reboot. Did that and here I am back on F8 without doing a thing.

I will put in the F8 grub.conf a chainload for Umbutu and that will be that. Get used again to apt-get ...

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User