Re: GRUB

Les Mikesell wrote:

I thought ide drivers were normally included in the kernel - maybe that has changed. In any case, the boot should proceed to load the kernel and fail at the point where it needs to mount the root partition. It doesn't sound like it is getting that far.

The Fedora kernels have not included the IDE drivers for a while now. I know FC6 kernels did not include them. As for how far the kernel is getting, I am not sure when it produces the first output, or what output Karl was getting, if any. It was probably something on the order of "it didn't work".

Mikkel