Re: Dependency issue trying to install mplayer

Doctor Who wrote:
I'm getting the following dependency error trying to install mplayer
with Fedora 8:

Missing Dependency: libdvdread.so.4 is needed by package mplayer

I have the Fedora, Updates, and Livna repositories enabled and the
mplayer package it's trying to pull is from Livna (although the
package version has lvn9 which makes me think this is for rawhide and
not fc8.

How might I go about addressing this?

yum install libdvdread

regards