Re: alsa problems?

Jelena i Zoran wrote:
Frank Cox wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 18:37:43 -0500
Jelena i Zoran <mr.macos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I searched the web, others seem to have the same issue with xmms but no
answers were provided.

http://crazedmuleproductions.blogspot.com/2007/10/xmms-error-alsasetupmixer-failed-to.html

(That's the first link when I ran your error message through google.  I recall
having exactly the same problem when I set up F8 and that's the fix.)

Thanks for your reply.
I found that link but it did not help.
My card is M Audio Audiophile 24/96.
The choices I have under the arrow described in the link above are:
ADC, DAC, Multi, Multi Track Peak, Multi Track Volume Rate.
Some of these repeat several times. I tried them all and none works.
So I think the issue is with alsa since snd does not work either.
I went from FC4 to FC8 and both xmms and snd worked there.