Re: GRUB

Les Mikesell wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

Your all trying to avoid the truth. As I have already said info grub is a lousy way to learn to USE grub. I tried and failed and so have many others.

What I want is a 15-30 page paper that explains how you use grub. It might point back to info grub for a thing or two but it stands on it's own.

If you google for the words:
 grub tutorial
a number of likely-looking links will show up. However, no general reference is going to tell you exactly what order your bios will assign to your drives. You may be able to re-arrange them in the bios setup and depending on your controllers, some may not even be seen by bios. The HDn numbers are basically the bios ordering, starting from 0.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/grub.html

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI