Re: GRUB

Brian Gaynor wrote:
On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 18:32 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
Michael A. Peters wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

Jim I know that but what I am looking for is an already written paper that covers the use of grub. So far nothing has shown up.

Karl

info grub

it has a node that talks about that.

2 Naming convention
*******************

The device syntax used in GRUB is a wee bit different from what you may
have seen before in your operating system(s), and you need to know it so
that you can specify a drive/partition.

etc.

Break!

Your all trying to avoid the truth. As I have already said info grub is a lousy way to learn to USE grub. I tried and failed and so have many others.

What I want is a 15-30 page paper that explains how you use grub. It might point back to info grub for a thing or two but it stands on it's own.

What I have seen to this time is people trying to avoid the question. It is not working.

Just because you're not capable of or unwilling to use the suggestions
people have offered is no reason to behave like an impolite jerk. The
answer you are hoping for may not exist, be grateful people on this list
are still willing to give you any answer at all.

- Brian

Well they fail to understand what I want. Then they take a simple example and spend all evening showing it is easy to find an answer. I hope the message I sent to the Fedora Docs list results in more than I get here.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User