Re: Passing password in ssh

2008/1/23 Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Aldo Foot wrote:

> Controlling access to the media storing the keys and accounts is of my
> greatest concern in particular if the system is located in some other city and
> someone else admins the machine.
>
> Maybe I'm too paranoid.

 Now, if you can arrange things so that
you do not need root access on the remote machine, then you can
create a user specifically for the access, and limit the access. If
you have to allow automated remote access, then there is no way to
make it totally safe. But you can limit the damage that can be done.

Mikkel
--

Thanks for the great advice guys.
I'll play with this over the next few days.

~af