Re: Controlling HTTP & SMTP IP flow for 3 NIC's

Tim Alberts wrote:

I have told sendmail to listen to the correct interfaces, but that apparently doesn't mean only write to those interfaces. I don't see how to control this by setting up my routes and I can only really think of ways to block it in IPtables, not re-route it.

You probably used the DaemonPortOptions entry in sendmail.mc to control the listening side. Do the same with ClientPortOptions for outbound connections.

Boy it sure sounded like a solution. This may guarantee that sendmail sends on the specified IP interfaces. However I think the underlying linux routing is still the problem because the problem hasn't gone away.

Routing shouldn't affect a source IP. What does tcpdump say is being used? Linux does do some strange stuff with addresses on the same machine though so anything is possible here.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx