Re: Firewire ethernet on FC8

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 06:55:48AM +0000, Da Rock wrote:

> I've been dredging the google all day for an answer on this, and it
> seems noone has conquered this.

> As I understand it, the firewire support for FC7 onwards has
> changed, and all the howto's cover the old methods of using eth1394.
> Can anyone tell me the new way of doing this?

> All I want to do is hookup 2 mc's using the firewire cards - one FC8
> and a WinXP box.

I have not yet finished porting eth1394 to the new stack.  And given
how quickly my test boxes fall over when I use eth1394 and the old
stack, I really don't recommend it.

For now I'd recommend a pair of cheap ethernet cards and a crossover
cable.  If you use gigabit cards, you'll get higher throughput than
FireWire can deliver, too.

			-- JF