Re: Audacious + Pulseaudio (Recent Updates)

On 23/01/2008, Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> After the recent audacious & pulseaudio updates, audacious no longer works
> with pulseaudio (at least here). You hear sound but the playback is choppy. I
> also noticed that after the update my default output plugin was changed to
> ALSA (when I had it set to pulseaudio). It works fine with ALSA but If I
> change it back to Pulseaudio it performs poorly.  It was working fine before
> the update.
>
> Any one experienced the same thing?

Yes, but only after finding out that Audacious was silently
reconfigured to use ALSA here (and probably other default
configuration settings, too, like a black ugly theme). It was overkill
to publish a major upgrade of Audacious for Fedora 8 without heavy
testing.