Re: Remote Desktop: the recipe.

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, John Summerfield wrote:

Les Mikesell wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:
Robert P. J. Day wrote:
http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Remote_Desktop
1. The subject. I thought you were talking about connecting to a Windows
desktop.
2. I use KDE
3. You didn't persuade me it's better than VNC.
What he describes is VNC - just the gnome variation (vino) and it doesn't
get copy/paste right with a windows client.  The KDE flavor is krfb.

I've read it again, understanding improves with a second reading:-)

It might use vnc as the mechanism, but it's not what most users would think of
as "remote desktop."

More like desktop sharing.

i only used the phrase "Remote Desktop" since that's how it appears in
the GNOME menu.

Bizarre. I'm looking at http://www.gnome.org/~markmc/remote-desktop.html

It's clear it's talking about desktop sharing (or remote assistance), and not remote desktop as anyone else uses the term.

AFAIK this is the only remote desktop client for Linux: http://www.rdesktop.org/

--

Cheers
John