Re: Passing password in ssh

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 11:38 -0800, Aldo Foot wrote:

> On Jan 22, 2008 8:34 AM, Gijs <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>         Or you can do it the "easy" way. Use public keys without a
>         password on it.
>         You won't have to type in any password, so you won't get the
>         popup
>         anymore, and it's relatively secure.
>
> I agree. Passwordless SSH keys are _very_ insecure in my opinion.
> Just pray that the account owning they keys is not compromised...
> because then
> the floodgates are opened.
> Of course this is a non-issue if your systems are in some private net
> no exposed
> to outside traffic.
----
I'm confused by this comment.

If you use ssh keys, does it matter whose accounts is compromised? Once
the account is compromised, couldn't they just load a keylogger?

And then, ssh keys still have passwords unless the creator of the keys
decides to omit a password.

Am I missing something here?

Craig